Packaging Leading Hand
Australian Beer Company
Australian Beer Company has passionately been developing its Yenda Craft Beer and Pressman’s Cider range since its establishment in December 2013. The success of these brands has created opportunities within the packaging team for Packaging Leading Hands in order to meet safety, quality, customer service and productivity targets to support the continued development of our brands at our state-of-the-art brewery in Yenda, New South Wales.
Responsibilities for these positions include:
- Develop and Ensure adherence to safe work practices, housekeeping standards, site policies and procedures
- Ensure quality specifications are met
- Assists in the development of self and staff in their team and promoting and sustaining high team morale
- Assist the Supervisor with managing performance
- Operation of equipment in accordance with SOP’s.
- Running the production plan promptly as per production plan
- Ensure quality products are produced in a timely manner actively
- Monitor material availability for production runs
- Ensure all paperwork and administration is completed in accordance with requirements.
Assist in problem solving to ensure continuous improvement within packaging
- A passion for safety and wellbeing in the workplace – Workplace safety
- Experience in managing staff – Dealing with Difficult Behaviours
- A clear understanding of continuous improvement principles or experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- The ability to think proactively and independently – Frontline Leadership
- Experience working on a high speed packaging line – Performance and Time Management
- Good organisational and planning ability – Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Understanding of 5S principles.
- Effective communication, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy – Work Priorities and Operational Planning
Tertiary qualification in an engineering or manufacturing area is beneficial but not essential
This is a great opportunity for motivated people looking to join an exciting company and work with state of the art equipment. Successful applicants must have their own transport and be able to work rotating shifts.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: