Charles Sturt University, NSW
- Highly rewarding and creative opportunity within Swinburne University
- Full time, ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus
- HEW 7: from $90,692 base plus 17% superannuation
About the Job
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world.
We have an opportunity for a highly creative and dynamic individual to join our Advancement team. The role of Advancement Communicator is a pivotal position in a growing Advancement portfolio, responsible for delivering key result areas under Swinburne’s new Horizon 2025 strategy.
In this role, you will serve as the sole-communicator across Advancement and as such has the opportunity to work with the Director to set tone and a high standard of innovative and engaging communications to Swinburne’s supporter community. The scope of the role includes:
• developing plans and compelling content for digital platforms and hard copy communications, overseeing communications contractors;
• develop relevant and timely email messaging, eNewsletters, alumni and development social media, website content, speeches for Director and donor publications;
• working in collaboration with various department and stakeholders across the University to assist in delivery of university goals through targeted and timely communications;
• establishing reporting that measures the effectiveness of digital communications, benchmarking best practice and recommending ongoing improvements that increase engagement through communication platforms.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role you will have:
• Experience delivering a high standard of communications across a complex organisation
• Proven ability and extensive experience in developing and editing online content for large external audiences, including a sound knowledge of appropriate concepts, methods and practices
• Experience developing suitable content and copy for emails, web and social media
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
• Flexible working arrangements
• Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
• Participate in regular staff and management development programs
• Private health insurance discounts
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on apply or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Belinda Collins (Director, Development) by email: email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
• Reconciliation Action Plan
• Charter of Cultural Diversity
• Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
• Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Applications close at 5pm, Thursday 24 June 2021
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)
Applications close: 24/06/2021
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: