West Wyalong, NSW
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Cost Clerk is primarily responsible for calculating and investigating costs such as wages, materials, overheads, and other operating expenses.
Salary $57,000 - $67,000
QUALIFICATION AND WORK SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- At minimum AQF Certificate II or III
- Ideally, a Bachelor degree in busines administration or higher accounting related qualification
- 2 years recent work experience within the Retail Sector in the same or closely related role
- Demonstrated excellence in written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and plan work to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail & work accuracy
Professionalism, excellent communication skills, customer service focus, strong culture of accuracy & enthusiasm to work within a team environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain budget information for all departments.
- The timely collecting and processing of store hosts accurately. (currently twice daily)
- Co-ordinate all emails/communications to correct departments and follow up as required.
- Preparing reports of total costs, inventory adjustments, selling prices and profits
- Preparing and processing documentation related to accounts payable and receivable
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Allocating expenditure to specified budget accounts
- Summarising expenditure and receipts
- Prepares reports showing total cost, selling prices, or rates profits.
- Running job cost reports showing all expenses
- Drafting and maintaining records of standard costs and values for items such as inbound and outbound products and packaging supplies
- Recording standard cost variations and contract price movements across goods, wages, and outgoings
- Compiling and reconciling cost data for preparation of operating budgets, and profit and loss calculations
- Examining records, such as time and production sheets, payrolls, operations charts and schedules, to obtain data for calculations.
- Investigating costs of proposed expenditures, quotation, and estimates
- Preparing reports of total costs, inventory adjustments and selling prices and profits.
- Understanding of our stocktaking/automatic ordering system. This includes building automatic orders and advising staff of best practice when required.
- Maintenance of PLU links and dead stock reports in relation to inventory management.
- Provide reports to Store Manager including:
- Special 1’s
- OFF report
- Negative QOH report - daily
- Waste & markdown reports – daily/weekly
- Sales report- daily/weekly
- Stock Adjustment reports – daily/weekly
- Maintain/record and /or co-ordinate the price verification and date checking system for the store
- Identify problems or possible improvements in our activities, services, or procedures.
WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY
As per the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 No 10 - Current version for 7 July 2017 to date
Workplace health and safety (WH&S) legislation requires workplaces to be, as far as is reasonably practicable, physically and mentally safe and healthy for all employees. This means steps must be taken to ensure that the working environment does not harm mental health or worsen an existing condition.
High presentation, professionalism, excellent communication skills with an extrovert persona, customer service focus, understanding of retail best practice, enthusiasm to work within a team environment and the enjoyment of connecting with people.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: