Site Maintenance And Fire Systems Engineer
Site Maintenance and Fire Systems Engineer
Work type:Full Time
At Visy, our people make us stand out from the crowd. We’re always seeking solutions, opportunities and possibilities. We look for people who see what’s ahead and run towards it. These people are helping us to achieve our vision to become the global leader in sustainable packaging solutions. Together, we can create a better world.
A bit about us
Designed to world-class standards and adopting sustainability objectives in all parts of its operations, our Pulp and Paper mill in Tumut produces high-quality Kraft Paper for both domestic and international markets – it is where the magic begins!
We have a great opportunity for an experienced, solutions focused and collaborative Site Maintenance and Fire Systems Engineer, to join our fast paced and dynamic engineering team in Tumut.
Reporting to the Reliability and Maintenance Services Manager, your day will never be the same as you work on continuous improvement projects, day to day site maintenance on fixed plant, fire systems, site buildings, roads and infrastructure, and prepare and plan for our annual shut down.
Your typical day includes but is not limited to:
- Manage program for Site hazard identification & safety improvements
- Isolation officer for Facilities, Site Works, and Fire Systems
- Audit, improve and maintain the fire system to meet all legislative, building and insurance requirements.
- Manage the reliability & maintenance of the site facilities and assets, and ongoing development of the Facilities preventative maintenance program
- Development of the asset database in the CMMS (computerised maintenance management system)
- Develop, build and organise the site storage facilities for all inventory and consumables with the Stores Manager.
- Coordination of Major Shut Shutdown (MSD) site set-up & equipment hire
- Implementation of Facilities capital improvement projects including managing Site Facilities budget
- Manage the reliability & maintenance of Powered Mobile Equipment (PME)
- Manage facilities contractors and Site service providers ( Fire systems, mobile cranes, pest control)
- Manage overview of Site Development Approval (DA), and Construction Certificates (CC)
What you will bring to the team:
- Tertiary qualified in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Trade background
- 3 years’ minimum experience within industrial maintenance in a continuous process environment (preferably within Paper, Steel, Mining, FMCG, Heavy industries, Civil & Construction)
- Tech savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office, SAP, CMMS or ERP systems
- Sound knowledge of Fire Systems and assets
- High verbal and written communication skills including stakeholder management
- Experience working on projects and shut downs with strict deadlines
- Exceptional fault finding skills, root cause analysis with a solutions mindset and ability to trouble shoot
- Strong attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Analytical mindset focused on safety practices and reporting
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
This plant operates on a 24/7 day basis and you will need to be flexible to work additional hours as required including being on our call out roster.
When you join Visy, you’re joining a global leader dedicated to making serious progress in the sustainable packaging and recycling industries. We want to find solutions, make an impact and grow our business. If you can help us, you’ll fit right in. There’s never been a better time to join Visy!
Please contact Carla Treuer on 0499 199 304 for a confidential discussion, or apply now.
You will be required to meet Visy’s employment criteria which will include a criminal history check and pre-employment medical (including drug & alcohol testing).
Visy is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: