Senior Manager, Levied Industries
Wagga Wagga, NSW
Help shape the future of select agricultural levied industries in this management role. AgriFutures Australia is a fast-paced, commercially savvy, and future-thinking organisation that places people at the centre of everything they do. They listen, connect and collaborate with emerging leaders in agriculture, industry bodies, other Research and Development Corporations (RDC) and government agencies to grow the long-term prosperity of Australian rural industries and communities. They now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Manager, Levied Industries to play a vital role in shaping the organisations future.
Based at their facility at Charles Sturt University in Wagga Wagga, the role reports to the General Manger, Research. Responsibilities include initiating, developing and managing research programs, securing significant cash and in-kind co-investment from industry and government stakeholders, and pursuing new funding opportunities for the organisation. The role is part of the extended leadership team involved in setting the direction of the RDE strategy. With this comes the expectation of modelling the culture and organisational values.
To be successful in this busy operational role involves:
- Strategic thinking, day to day management and bringing experience to lead and manage the delivery of research, development and extension (RDE) projects for the Chicken meat industry, whilst overseeing Horses and Honeybees
- Leadership ability to step up and fill in for the GM when required
- Management of 3 direct reports
- Experience in Intellectual Property (IP) to be able to navigate commercial technology opportunities, pathways and licensing arrangements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful portfolio strategies, driving win win outcomes
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills, driven by strategic mindset, exceptional communication and constructive behaviours
- Outstanding team leadership skills underpinned by clarity of vision, coaching collaboration and mutual accountability
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in rural research and development, (ideally with intensive livestock production systems)
- Strong skills in program design, planning, monitoring and evaluation including budgeting and financial management.
- A commercially focussed self starter with entrepreneurial drive and style.
- Tertiary qualifications in agricultural science, agricultural economics, agribusiness or similar with post graduate study highly regarded.
- Ability to travel as required to attend panel meetings and industry events.
A generous salary package including base + high level super is on offer for the suitable candidate.
For confidential inquiries and a copy of the position description and selection criteria, please phone Al Kellaway at Rimfire Resources on 1300 380 701 or apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: