Hospital Assistant - Food And Cleaning
What could you bring to HealthShare NSW?
Temporary part time position responsible for providing the effective delivery of HealthShare NSW's cleaning and food service to NSW Health hospitals and patients. $25.15 per hour, 16 hours per week.
HealthShare NSW are looking for efficient and professional cleaners and food assistants to work within NSW Health hospitals.
Above all, we are seeking people with a customer service focus and a commitment to helping others. You'll need to make hygiene, safety, and customers your top priority while you effectively work towards maintaining a sanitary and safe hospital environment and satisfied patients. Does this sound like you?
About the opportunity
You will be responsible for cleaning patient and non-patient work areas in accordance with infection control procedures. You'll also receive and pack incoming stores items, restock and collect linen, and conduct waste removal. You'll also prepare patient meals, assist with meal storage and and taking meal orders. You'll need to work well in a collaborative environment and show initiative as you serve NSW Health hospital patients to ensure an optimal service. to find out more.
This is a Part Time Temporary (up to 3 months) position graded as a Hospital Assistant Grade 2 with an hourly rate of $25.15 per hour. Location, Griffith.
Why you'll enjoy working with us
- Provide a critical service to assist NSW frontline workers and NSW Health patients
- Work in a growing organisation to genuinely better the lives of patients across the state
- Supporting your local communities
- Work in a positive team environment
- Work in Australia's largest government shared services organisation
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with My Health Learning and the NSW Health RTO
- Professional growth and accelerated career progression
HealthShare NSW provides a range of services to assist Local Health Districts and other Health Agencies. Our people perform important roles which free up health professionals to focus on what they do best! For more information regarding working for HealthShare NSW and the benefits we offer, click .
How to apply
During the application process, you will be required to attach your resume and provide answers to the Targeted Questions below. You must ensure your answers make reference to all of the Essential Requirements listed in the prior to submitting your application.
- Describe how your skills, experience and attitude suit this position.
- What does team work mean to you? Explain how you have worked well within a team environment in the past.
- Our patients are our customers and are at the heart of everything we do. Describe a time you have provided excellent customer service and how you went above and beyond to meet customer needs.
This is a NSW Health Category A position, which requires immunisation against the following:
- Whooping Cough
- Hepatitis B
- Measles / Mumps / Rubella
- Chicken Pox
- Screening for Tuberculosis
If you are the preferred candidate, you will also need to complete a Pre-Employment Health Assessment, with costs covered by HealthShare NSW.
Need more information?
For role related queries or questions contact Stephen Williams via email at .
HealthShare NSW are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you require any assistance with your application or have any questions about this position, please follow the links below.
- Learn more about our Aboriginal Workforce team
- Email our Access and Inclusion Team about how to apply with particular needs and accessing workplace adjustments at
If the selection panel identifies a surplus of suitable candidates for the role, an eligibility list may be created where candidates may be offered casual, permanent or temporary full-time or part-time positions within the next 6 to 12 months.
Applications Close: Midnight, Wednesday, 21 April 2021
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: