Key Support Worker (Casual)
Phil Terry Health Care Services
Wagga Wagga, NSW
About the OrganisationPhil Terry Health Care Services is an NDIS and Home Care Approved Provider that prides itself in offering a flexible and individualized care service in home and community settings to people with disabilities enabling them to live a better quality of life. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are looking for experienced Disability Support Workers to join our Supported Independent Living (Group Homes) and Community Support teamon a Casual basis. As a Disability Support Worker, you will play an important role to support and empower People with disability to live independently in their own home, community engagement and to achieve their individual goals.
These roles will be based in various locations throughout the Wagga Wagga region and successful applicants must be available and willing to work within a 24/7 roster that involves regular shift work (including active night shifts, weekends and public holidays)
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Disability, Community Services or equivalent, demonstrated experience supporting People with Disability
- Experience supporting clients exhibiting challenging behaviours would be highly regarded
- Current Drivers Licence (unrestricted NSW licence)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Capability to maintain client’s privacy and confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts across a 24/7 roster including weekends, nights and public holidays
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Admin skills required
- Great organizational skills
- Experience in complex bowel care desirable.
- PEG feed experience
- Suctioning experience
Successful candidates will be required to complete pre-employment screening including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates shortlisted for these positions will be invited to attend an Interview
To be considered, applications to be sent to admin philterryhealthcare.com.au
Attach a resume and cover Letter
Please note that only candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted
Job Type: Casual
- Rotating roster
- current Australian National Police Check (Preferred)
- First Aid Certificate (Required)
- NDIS Worker orientation module (Required)
- Police Check (Required)
- Working With Children (WWC) Check (Required)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: