Dairy Freezer Assistant
West Wyalong, NSW
- Award Wages
- Opportunity to work within a great team culture
- Excellent career growth opportunities
- Progressive family owned company that is flexible to your needs
Bernardi's are looking for a bright, bubbly and helpful DAIRY FREEZER ASSISTANT for our Supermarket.
ABOUT THE ROLE....
The Dairy Freezer team member main responsibility is to ensure their section/store is adequality stocked & well merchandised to maximise sales. The checking off stock received and accurate inventory management including stocktaking processes. Excellent customer service at all times including possible operation of register if required. A key aspect of this role is the ability to work as a member of a team.
In this role you will be Responsible for:
- Strong culture of safety at all times including the correct use of carton cutters, ladders and trolleys
- Provide our valued customers with excellent customer service
- Assist in breaking down deliveries and packing shelves as required
- Ensuring that there is not too much stock on the shop floor at one time that may impede customers or cause a safety issue.
- Rotation of stock and identifying short dated stock to clear
- Ensure invoices are checked off and signed
- Pull stock from storage and face up
- Change and set up new displays as required
- Undertake stock take process
- Crushing of cardboard and maintaining storeroom to a high standard.
- Possible use of cash register
- Possible ordering of stock to meet the store’s requirements
- Ensure a happy workplace where people love to come and work.
- Other duties as required
IS THIS YOU.....?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Team player with a willingness to learn and develop
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to work weekends
- Experience in retail sales an advantage
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
QUALIFICATION AND WORK SKILL REQUIREMENTS - desired but not essiental
- Certificate II or III Retail Management or equivalent
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Recent relevant retail experience
- Demonstrate accurate inventory management including the checking off stock received and stocktaking process.
- High merchandising skills/standards
- Appropriate numeracy skills
- The ability to work efficiently to a set routine and be thorough with its procedures.
- Demonstrated excellence in written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
We are a dynamic family owned company operating independent supermarkets in the Central West and Riverina areas of New South Wales. With a focus on fresh food, our vision is to deliver an exceptional shopping experience for our customers through quality produce, everyday lower prices and by supporting local growers and businesses.
The Bernardi Group have been providing local residents of Country NSW with an independent grocery alternative since 1969, with the first store operating as a fruit market. Bernardi's now operate large format supermarkets and employ over 500 people in the Central west and Riverina.
HOW TO APPLY....
We are not currently asking for a resume from you. Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role. Shortlisted applicants may be requested to submit a resume at a later date.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a supportive team environment where the company rewards its employees by providing great working conditions, ongoing training and up-skilling to set you up in a career.
No recruitment agencies please
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: