Delicatessen Assistant School Aged
West Wyalong, NSW
We always encourage school aged children to apply because starting work is a great opportunity for children to develop new skills and learn responsibility while making their own money for the first time. Skills learned along the way include Active listening, Problem solving, Team work, Time management, and Communication.
- Award Wages
- Opportunity to learn and develop new skills
Bernardi's are always looking for a bright, bubbly and helpful SCHOOL AGED SUPERMARKET ASSISTANT for our Supermarket.
ABOUT THE ROLE....
The Deli Assistant is required to stock and replenish the Deli Display Case & associated displays as well as provide our valued customers enthusiastic and friendly customer service and assist with their questions or queries as required. A key aspect of this role is the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Strong culture of safety at all times including the correct use of Ovens, Slicers, knives, carton cutter, ladders & trolleys
- Undertake the departments procedures as per the Bernardi Group standard
- Effective communication – ask questions if you are not sure.
- Provide customer service to our valued clients, efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure a high level of merchandising and presentation standards with your work area at all times.
- The unpacking, slicing and rotation products for display as required.
- The storing, collecting, traying up of BBQ chickens.
- Ensure you working area is contained. Trolleys, ladders and boxes to one side (neat & tidy) so you don’t create a trip hazard or impeded customers flow.
- Section off – and clean up all liquid spills immediately
- Operate and balance cash register – possibly.
- Stock, replenish and rotate displays/shelves and displays as/if required
- Have a high standard of presentation with yourself & uniform
- Ensure a happy workplace where people love to come and work.
- Follow instructions of managers at all times
- Assist with product selection as/if required
- Possibly - Ability to follow instructions on how to operate a commercial Oven & Slicer
- Cleaning duties as required.
- Be happy, punctual & reliable.
- Be quick when its busy
- Other duties as required, as directed
IS THIS YOU.....?
- Keen to Learn new skills
- Can listen and take instructions
- Enthusiastic to work with a team and connecting with people
- Ability to work weekends
- High presentation
- Excellent communication skills with an extrovert persona
- Customer service focus
We are a dynamic family owned company operating independent supermarkets in the Central West and Riverina areas of New South Wales. With a focus on fresh food, our vision is to deliver an exceptional shopping experience for our customers through quality produce, everyday lower prices and by supporting local growers and businesses.
The Bernardi Group have been providing local residents of Country NSW with an independent grocery alternative since 1969, with the first store operating as a fruit market. Bernardi's now operate large format supermarkets and employ over 500 people in the Central west and Riverina.
HOW TO APPLY....
We are not currently asking for a resume from you. Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role. Shortlisted applicants may be requested to submit a resume at a later date.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a supportive team environment where the company rewards its employees by providing great working conditions, ongoing training and up-skilling to set you up in a career.
No recruitment agencies please
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: