Rombola Family Farms is seeking a passionate and driven Agricultural Technician. The Agricultural Technician performs tests and experiments and provides technical support to support Rombola Family Farms in areas such as research, production, servicing, and marketing. The position requires a hands-on approach to the field and keep data in the systems.
Key operational accountabilities include:
- Examining topographical, physical and soil characteristics of farmland to determine its most effective use and identify nutrient deficiencies.
- Assisting in developing new methods of planting, fertilising, harvesting, and processing crops to achieve optimum land usage.
- Identifying pathogenic micro-organisms and insects, parasites, fungi and weeds harmful to crops and livestock, and assisting in devising methods of control.
- Analysing produce to set and maintain standards of quality.
- Assisting in controlled breeding experiments to develop improved crop.
- Assisting in arranging the supply of chemicals and giving advice on their use
- Collecting and collating data for research.
- Assisting in planning harvesting and other aspects of production processes.
- May advise producers on farming techniques and management.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- Diploma in Agriculture or similar qualification.
- Proven ability and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience and a track record of success in achieving performance targets.
- Understanding of commercial realities including exposure to and participation in financial, commercial and planning decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop work plans and achieve the goals of these work plans.
- Relationship management skills with the ability to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- People manager, negotiator and an all-round good person that will thrive working in a proactive team (must be a team player).
- Flexibility in hours worked to achieve operational targets.
- Sound working knowledge of WHS requirements.
- A current driver’s licence.
In return we offer you
- An attractive remuneration package based upon relevant qualifications and experience, annual salary between 50,000 and 60,000 plus superannuation.
- A passionate and energetic team culture.
- Become a part of a progressive, vibrant business.
Who we are
Rombola Family Farms is a large scale, progressive, privately owned horticultural business based 20kms North of Griffith, NSW. The company operates a counter-seasonal operation at Mataranka in the Northern Territory enabling us to supply our melon and pumpkin customers year-round.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: