Trials Supervisor (Explosive Demolition Range)
Thales Australia Limited
Location: Mulwala, Australia
About ThalesThales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Well-being matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
Australian Munitions, Benalla and Mulwala facilities produce a range of innovative products including propellants, high explosives, small arms ammunition, large calibre ammunition, bombs and pyrotechnics, grenades, fuses and detonators for the defence and commercial markets.
About Your Role
In this role, you will plan and supervise the test, trial and evaluation of explosives efficiently and in an environmentally sound manner using appropriate techniques which are efficient, effective and timely and in compliance with all relevant legal and other requirements. You will conduct routine and non-routine test/trials, analyse results and present findings. The Trial Supervisor manages resources which include staff, equipment and materials on a day to day basis including the following.
- Design and implement a robust Safe Statement of Work which identifies Hazards, mitigates risks, predicts possible outcomes including unplanned events and provides appropriate emergency procedures.
- Define logistics, hand over, approval, receipt and despatch processes. Record outcome and certify as appropriate
- Perform laboratory, production and R&D functioning operations with both energetic and non-energetic materials to support Mulwala and Benalla activities.
- Produce reports, operating instructions, work instructions and experimental permits in accordance with the quality system.
- Provide technical information and advice and recommend solutions to achieve improvements within the work-group and for stakeholders at a variety of levels within the site.
- Provide support for the preparation of quotes, estimates, proposals, contract assessments and presentations.
How About You?
- Degree qualification in the relevant technical field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience which qualifies you to do explosive demolition activities along with some supervisory exposure
- Licenses for blasting/short firing or Demolition certificate highly desirable
- Strong communication skills and capable of preparing and presenting extensive technical reports
- Sound time management skills and ability to manage own workload efficiently and effectively
Good to Know
Some regular travel to Benalla is required for this role, therefore a driver’s licence is essential.
Australian Defence Security Clearance Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) is mandatory
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: