Permanency Support Caseworker - Griffith, Nsw
Who We Are
CareSouth is a spirited, truly local community based organisation with a dynamic and bold vision to make a difference 'every day'. Working across southern NSW and ACT, we seek to inspire each other and the communities in which we operate. Our purpose is to influence and support the safety, development and empowerment of children, young people, families, adults and communities.
About the Role
At CareSouth we strive to encourage safety, healing and connection through healthy relationships. Supporting families, children and young people is core to our values. Due to continual company growth, CareSouth is looking for multiple Caseworkers (permanent and fixed term) to join our Griffith, NSW team.
As a Caseworker you will be a part of a team which works dynamically across the child protection spectrum. A typical day could include:
- Visiting children, young people and carers in their homes
- Working holistically with carers, families and service providers to help children and young people reach their goals
- Supportive collaboration with a diverse team to share knowledge and insight to help achieve best outcomes for children and young people
- Documenting children and young people’s goals, journey and milestones
- Helping children and young people achieve permanency so they have a home for life
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues facing vulnerable children and their families.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a high performing, close knit team.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective networks within a small community.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding and commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety, Cultural issues and the NSW Child Protection system.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Willing to undergo a National Police Clearance and obtain a (NSW) Working with Children Check clearance number and/or (ACT) Working with Vulnerable People Card.
At CareSouth, we recognise that the work you do every day is what makes our organisation great. We want to reward that and be an organisation that you are proud to be a part of. We are here to help you bring your best self to work and take your best self home!
To recognise the work you do we offer:
- 24/7 After Hours Call centre to allow you to leave work at work
- Concessional leave, to be taken over the Christmas period
- Salary packaging entitlements up to $15,899
- Free, confidential and independent Employee Assistance Program
- Tailored professional development pathways
- 24/7 access to our online eLearning system
- A compassionate, supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to be bold, big-hearted and determined.
To Apply: Please review the Position Description attached for a comprehensive overview of the role. Your application must include a copy of your updated resume and a cover letter (Max. 2 pages) addressing the Essential Criteria in the position description. Please note that only applicants who are invited to an interview will be contacted. Be sure to keep an eye on your emails as applicants who are invited to an interview will be contacted via email to schedule an appointment time.
CareSouth warmly welcomes EVERYONE, irrespective of their ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination
Enquiries to: Brenda Trembath, Manager Griffith on 1300 554 260
NOTE: Positions are subject to a Working with Children/Vulnerable People clearance and satisfactory National Police Check
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: