Carer Recruitment Caseworker - Deniliquin
Who We Are
CareSouth is a spirited, truly local community-based organisation with a dynamic and bold vision to make a difference 'every day'. Working across southern NSW and ACT, we seek to inspire each other and the communities in which we operate. Our purpose is to influence and support the safety, development and empowerment of children, young people, families, adults and communities.
About the Role
CareSouth is looking for a fixed term (12 months) full time Carer Recruitment Caseworker to join our Deniliquin team.
The core focus of the role is to assess and review prospective carers for suitability and maintain a pool of authorised carers through recruitment, assessment and training to ensure children and young people in care are provided with an environment that ensures their safety and wellbeing. We are looking for an individual who has developed a network within the community and is enthusiastic, dynamic and confident in engaging, presenting and training to groups of potential foster carers.
Your approachable nature coupled with strong administration and written communication skills will see you succeed in this role. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys interacting with people and someone who is able to identify strengths and capacities as well as areas for development to ensure we are able to provide quality safe, nurturing homes for vulnerable young people.
A typical day could include
- Working as a team to identify recruitment strategies that attract and engage potential foster carers.
- Coordinating the initial and ongoing training and assessment for foster carers,
- Maintaining required database records and respond to placement referrals.
- Engaging with local Deniliquin community at various events ensuring the CareSouth brand is positively represented.
- Assisting with coordinating the provision of the child safety workshops to multicultural groups and community leaders.
- Interviewing potential carers and writing carer assessments and reviews
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Diploma in Social Sciences / Social Welfare, Community Services or equivalent (or working towards completion). Or equivalent of a minimum 2 years working with children and young persons.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues facing vulnerable children and their families.
- Commitment and passion to ensure safety and wellbeing for children and young people in foster care
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging, establishing and maintain effective community networks.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer literacy including familiarity with client management systems.
- Previous experience working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander persons.
- Understanding and commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety, Cultural issues and the NSW Child Protection system.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Willing to undergo a National Police Clearance and obtain a (NSW) Working with Children Check clearance number and/or (ACT) Working with Vulnerable People Card.
At CareSouth, we recognise that the work you do every day is what makes our organisation great. We want to reward that and be an organisation that you are proud to be a part of. We are here to help you bring your best self to work and take your best self-home!
To recognise the work, you do we offer
- 24/7 After Hours Call centre to allow you to leave work at work
- Concessional leave, to be taken over the Christmas period
- Salary packaging entitlements up to $15,899
- Free, confidential and independent Employee Assistance Program
- Tailored professional development pathways
- 24/7 access to our online eLearning system
- A compassionate, supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to be bold, big-hearted and determined.
To Apply Please review the Position Description attached for a comprehensive overview of the role. Your application must include a copy of your updated resume and a cover letter (Max. 2 pages) addressing the Essential Criteria in the position description. Please note that only applicants who are invited to an interview will be contacted. Be sure to keep an eye on your emails as applicants who are invited to an interview will be contacted via email to schedule an appointment time.
CareSouth warmly welcomes EVERYONE, irrespective of their ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination.
Enquiries to Darren Mitchell, Carer Engagement and Support Team Leader on 1300 554 260.
NOTE: Positions are subject to a Working with Children/Vulnerable People clearance and satisfactory National Police Check
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: