Workforce Partner (Disability Employment Services)
As Workforce Partner you will be focused on providing ongoing support to customers and employers within the Disability Employment Services (DES) program to ensure sustainable employment and outcomes are realised.
In this role you will devise interventions and solutions and work with the customers and employers to implement them in the workplace. A solid understanding of people centered case management principles including barrier management is core to your continued success.
Your Key Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Build and maintain effective customer and employer relationships
- Gain understanding of the role requirements and assess customer fit and training needs
- Work with customer and employer to ensure smooth transition into the workplace and provide on-going post placement support
- Record all actions within the required timeframes, ensuring all schedules are maintained regularly with documentary evidence
- Previous experience in job seeker service delivery and mentoring (preferred)
- Highly developed problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, use initiative and multi-task
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team
- High level of computer literacy
- An open car drivers licence
- Current WWCC
For more than 40 years our Community Solutions Group via Skills Plus in Victoria, our services offer a pathway through education, training and employment. We support people to gain the knowledge and skills to make a difference in their lives through education, and finding and keeping a job.
As part of the wider our services we offer employment services as well disability, community and youth programs across regional and metropolitan Victoria and South Australia adding further opportunity and benefit to our customers.
What We Can Offer You
In addition to a highly competitive salary package, with numerous benefits such as salary sacrifice, salary continuance, purchase of additional annual leave and corporate health insurance - this role also comes with a vehicle. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from people with culturally diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with disabilities.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Andrew Goold on 0436603394, quoting Ref No. 922925.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: