WAGGA WAGGA CITY COUNCIL
Wagga Wagga, NSW
Wagga Wagga is a thriving and progressive LGA of 65,000 people located midway between Sydney and Melbourne and two hours from Canberra. It is the economic hub and regional capital of New South Wales, and hosts a large, growing, modern and diverse economy. Wagga Wagga’s northern suburban development is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW.
Wagga Wagga City Council seeks a qualified, enthusiastic and highly skilled Subdivisions Engineer to join the Technical and Strategy Subdivisions Team.
- Remuneration of $3,401.52 plus superannuation and applicable Award based allowances
- Access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- Generous leave entitlements
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- Training and professional development opportunities
Your new role:
You will play a lead role in the assessment and delivery of new subdivision projects. This position is responsible for delivering quality control, quality assurance and administration services for subdivision and development works across a range of civil infrastructure construction projects. This includes subdivisions currently under development, and planned, to cater for Wagga Wagga’s growing population.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to the role e.g. Civil Engineering.
- Substantial subdivision development and construction experience relevant to the role. Development assessment experience relating to traffic, civil infrastructure, and stormwater and flooding is highly desirable.
- Ability to understand Council’s Development Control Plan, Local Environment Plan and Engineering Guidelines with respect to development assessment and civil construction.
Applications close Friday, 1 February 2019 at midnight AEDST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 11 February 2019.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Peter Ross on 02 6926 9647.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Wagga Wagga City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer, working to ensure its workforce is representative of the community it services and encourages diversity within its teams.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: